Our Success Rates
It is true that all IVF centers do not operate the same way. They do not have the same procedures, they do not use the same materials and devices, and their staff have not had their training of the same quality, and they do not produce embryos of the same quality. The price you pay for IVF is more or less similar everywhere in the Czech Republic. The health insurance companies also pay the same amount of money to all the centers. But your chance to fulfill your dream to get pregnant and to give birth to a healthy child, varies considerably, which can be clearly demonstrated on the data available on Czech IVF centers’ websites.
Each of the IVF clinics provides the results / success differently. For clear idea we present the results of positive pregnancy tests (G +), clinical pregnancies with proven fetal heart activity (ASP +) and births (P). Unfortunately, we are not capable to get complete data on births, especially from foreign patients, so it is possible that the success rate is even slightly increased.
Our practices are different from those of other IVF centres, mostly because we ensure:
- Before starting the treatment, we provide a comprehensive examination of both partners (hormonal profile, immunological tests, genetic tests, sperm count and sperm function tests, etc.
- Monitoring of stimulations with three to four regular check ups (blood collection + ultrasound examination).
- Correct timing of egg collection. Sometimes it is necessary to prolong or to shorten the length of stimulation according to the check ups’ results. Therefore, we work 7 days a week. We adapt the timing so as to achieve optimal results.
- We always perform so called prolonged cultivation until the 5th-6th day of embryo development. In 2015, and we only transfer the blastocysts.
- We transfer only one embryo, always after prolonged cultivation and at the correct time relative to the phase of the cycle.
- We provide Preimplantation Genetic Screening examination in more than half of IVF cycles, which helps to eliminate genetically defective embryos from further use. To increase the success and reduce the time needed for a healthy pregnancy.
- In more than 70 % of the cycles we freeze all quality blastocysts (ie. cryocycles), so as to increase the chance of pregnancy with transfers in natural cycles.